Gyrodec Best Tonearm

I have the beautiful Gyrodec/Zeta tonearm combo in my system. I would like to know which tonearm could be a good upgrade for my set up...

THANKS
melanco
Does anyone has ever tried AUDIO ORIGAMI? I am in between SayHi5 and Audio origami for my zeta tune up! THANKS guys!
This is SayHi5. I have experience upgrading and adjusting a few tonearms, including the Zeta. But Audio Oragami has a truly fantastic reputation, with a wide variety of tonearms, including Zeta, Rega, and Dynavector. Personally, I highly recommend them, as have many other tonearm owners that benefited from their care and experience. You cannot go wrong choosing them.

I remember speaking to one very good dealer that due to their suspension an SME IV or V are a bit heavy. He preferred the various origin live variants (not the huge ones)

I've been using a Graham 2.2 arm on my heavily modified (Pedersen) Michell Orbe SE for a couple decades; nice combo.

Many folks like SME arms on Michell tables as stated above.

With all the positive Zeta arm comments, perhaps the best route would be to perform a full Pedersen upgrade on your Gyro before playing around with different arms and cartridges.

Pedersen Mods for Michell Turntables

Michell supply armboards weighted for a specific tonearm. There was a chap who worked Saturdays at my local dealership, let’s call him Frank, in real life he was in IT so the hifi was a labour of love, alas he was lost to cancer a few years ago. He ran an Orb with an SME for a long time but became dissatisfied and started trying a few alternatives. I was looking for something to liven up my Townshend at the time and had quite a few discussions about tonearms with him and the shop manager, who was a Linn freak and not impressed my the Michells. Frank preferred the Wilson Benesch ACT1 to the SME but ended up working with Michell to produce an armboard for a Naim Aro and loved the result, even the Linn guy admitted he found it made the Orb enjoyable. Now you won’t find an Aro for reasonable money, nor a Tigerpaw Javalin which was based on it but the Roksan Sara is fairly close too and very much available, it started out as a project by Audio Origami. There are of course those who won’t touch a unipivot but if not one of them…