Guest suddenly takes it upon herself to move my speakers

Has this ever happened to anyone here?

You have your speakers positioned just as you like them, and then a guest takes it upon themselves to suddenly move your speakers?

Obviously I’m not going to get any sympathy from anyone in the non Audio world, so I thought I’d post my frustrating experience here.

I also imagine that many of your speakers can’t simply be slid out of position due to spikes or carpeting or sheer weight. Probably a good number of you, who like me have speakers on hardwood floors, have some marks in place to be able to return speakers to their exact position. (Which I didn’t)

But a recent female first time guest was sitting on the floor positioned between the speakers as we listened and for some reason decided that they should be pointed directly at her. Now some people might think “how obnoxious,” and others might think, ‘hey, a woman who wants the toe in angle optimzed for her seating position! She’s a keeper! Let her handle whatever she wants!”

And while I did like the enthusiasm, there was a supertweeter precariously balanced atop each speaker fireing rearward that could have easily toppled off and broken. (And no, there are no kids in the house).

I still haven’t found the exact sweet spot I had them in. For a long time I felt like a bit of an audio slacker since I never installed the factory spikes or rounded cones TAD provides for the CR1’s. Until a few months ago I read on another forum that many CR1 owners choose to just keep the stands on the floor, or haven’t found a benefit to using the spikes/cones on hardwood.

Obviously I’ll use the incident to try and eventually find an even more optimal positioning than they were in, but it still irks me that someone would just assume it’s okay to move a sophisticated audio setup that they truly know nothing about.

emailists
Ouch.
dont touch my stuff!

I have my speakers with spikes on my carpet, positioned 9.5 feet apart, my “special couch position” I’m 12.5 feet from speakers.
slightly toed in to aim at me.
great sweet spot. 

If someone moved my stuff, I would be a little upset.
theres one rule in my house, wife and kid know, don’t muck with Daddy’s stereo stuff. It took me 30 years to get where I am at, and I’m proud of my stereo, and it does not get touched, maybe the volume knob at times, if the wife turns it down, other than that she don’t know how to use my stereo, and I like it that way.
I had drunk friends once try to "help" by reconnecting my 2 NAD Monitor series amps after I had turned in.  Turns out they had no idea what bridged mode was.  No harm in the end.  I think the OP fared pretty well all considered.  

@perkri, I guess I needed to either put the amps in anechoic chambers or AT LEAST 2 inches of concrete, or both.