Gryphon vs. D'Agostino

To anyone who has had the opportunity to hear both, please compare and contrast the latest Gryphon and D'Agostino amplifiers.
imgoodwithtools
Based on the recent review in Stereophile, I wouldn't touch a D'Agostino at that price point (or maybe any price point TBH).  It took 2 samples before they found one that wasn't broken in some way and, as usual for Stereophile, the clueless reviewer gave a rave review to the broken sample.  The whole thing was shady/inept on both sides.

Our opinions though really don't matter. If you're going to be able to live audition them with the speakers of choice, go with whatever you like...not what some guy on an Audiogon forum says or Stereophile reviewer.

Nevertheless, if you do want other opinions, I can say I've heard all these amps and go to almost all of the shows (recent CES was terrible btw).  Based on my personal experience, I would bet money on most people preferring tube amps (VTL, VAC, BAT or Audio Research) amps with Wilson speakers.  As for SS, I can only speak for hearing Soulution, Spectral, and Halcro amps being something that stood out to me with Wilson speakers.  

I've really wanted to like Gryphon stuff, but it hasn't been as great as I anticipated - both recently and many years ago.  To be fair, my exposure has been limited, and they went many years without a US distributor.  Now that they have a distributor in the US, and I got to hear them at the last RMAF, I suspect they will be at more shows going forward where people will have more opportunities to fairly audition what they are doing.

Please note...I'm not saying everything else is bad or my conclusions are absolute...I'm just sharing which combinations stood out to me consistently.  Without direct/extended analysis everything people say (including me) one way or the other is still based on fairly primitive experience.  Thus, go with your first hand impressions from the upcoming auditions.  Good luck!
First of all no tube amp that I know of can drive a speaker that presents a 2 ohm load in the bass and midrange area. They are not designed for this as you need current. I know I’ve tried many big tube amps including vacs and I still lose information in those areas with my Rockport speakers. So yes you need a high current solid state amp. I too have been to 23 CES shows. I’m not a solutions fan. I would recommend trying Dan deagostino, Nagra, Krell, possibly Gamut, Gryphon, Ypsilon, C H Precision, and Audionet.
You are confused. No point in pushing this in any further. The M400 more than delivers its rated specs. It's not a debatable point; it's a fact.

They don't double down to 2ohms as you first wanted readers to believe, with these figures you posted
D'Ag does exactly the same thing. My M400s:
400 watts @ 8Ω
800 watts @ 4Ω
1,600 watts @ 2Ω

As I said they come close with these being the tested figures 
405W into 8 ohms
640W into 4 ohms
1115w into 2 ohms
And are still a good indication they can deliver good current, it not a debatable point it's fact as independent measurements confirm.

Cheers George
You're not getting it.  You need to do your research to properly understand what you are commenting on.  This is my final comment on this point since you don't seem to want to let it go.  The Stereophile review is of the old model M300 and not the M400 which is the current model.  Can you guess what the output of the M300 is vs the output of the M400? Hint - it's in the name.