Gryphon Diablo vs. McIntosh C2700/MC611

I know similar questions have been asked, but I was looking for input regarding the Gryphon Diablo and the current Mac separates.  I currently have Harbeth Super HL5+ XD speakers. I listen through a Technics turntable and will be getting an Aurender N200.  I will likely change speakers down the road.  

I am replacing my Peachtree Nova 500.   I have narrowed my pre-amp/amp choices down to a slightly used Gryphon Diablo with DAC and a McIntosh C2700/MC611 combo.   I will be able to audition the Mac combo this week but am not able to audition the Gryphon Diablo. The non-audio pluses and minuses are:

Mac - dealer close by, I prefer its traditional layout

Gryphon - less expensive, one box. 

Does anyone have any experience with the Diablo and the current Mac separates?  Most threads that I read were before the C2700 with its DAC 2.  Also, if I upgrade speakers, it would likely be to the Harbeth 40.3 or the Sonus Faber Amati, Serarino or Guarneri Traditions.

TIA

Lew

lewl28

Mc is a unique sound.  I think you 100% need to listen to them.

The 4 amps I suggest people listen to and compare are usually:

• Pass
  • Mc
  • Ayre
  • Luxman

because I think most audiophiles will come out of those auditions with very strong preferences.

Dealers that carry McIntosh gears , also carry Sonus Faber.

Stricly , on money stand point , you would have better deals if you buy both brands

from the same dealer.

And may be , Sonus Faber pairs very well with McIntosh.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.  I have heard Macs with SF’s before and I like the sound.  On Tuesday I will be able to demo the Max C2700/MC611 with the Harbeths that I have.  There is no place to demo the Gryphon, so that would be a leap of faith and only if the Mac/Harbeth combo sounded really off. The Mac combo is about $10k more than the Gryphon Diablo but I can get comfortable with that. 

@lewl28 Although the Mcintosh Como is more expensive, nothing holds it's value better than Mcintosh if  you ever decide to sell.