Gryphon Diablo or Accuphase E-450

Hey
Im downsizing my amplification from a Nagra PLP & VPA monos to a one box solid state integrated. This is due to a change in my personal circumstances, available space AND young children (i.e. valves/fingers).

Ive shortlisted the Gryphon, as i used to have a Mikado and really loved it and the Accuphase which has a good reputation. My speakers are Peak Consult Princess Signature floorstanders on Finite Elemente Cerapucs, speaker cabling is XLO Unlimited with Accustica Applicata DAAD diffusers behind.

My sources are a Raven AC TT with various arms, carts and phono stages / step ups, so i need not worry about a phono input on the amo. Digital is a Lindemann CDP and a Wadia iTransport.

The 2 amps i have shortlisted both have strenths an weaknesses - i just wondered what the concensus was in terms of opinion as to whats 'best' - all subjective i know - but be good to hear some views. Im not really keen to widen the selection from either of these two.

Thanks and regards,

Lee.
128x128badger748

Showing 1 response by rwjp

Hi Lee,

I was in a similar situation to you recently and ended up with an Acuuphase e-450.
I am really happy with mine, and also use the optional phono card for LP duties.

Having heard some older Accuphase amps I was surprised to find the newer models sound a bit more open and detailed.

While i haven’t heard the Diablo, most reviews describe it as being a very detailed fast sounding amp so my guess would be it could sound somewhat bright in some systems?

If you have any other questions about the E-450 feel free to ask.

Regards Rob