Gryphon Diablo & Dartzeel CTH-8550

Hi,
I am looking for a high quality integrated amp in a small room of 18' x 10' x 8'.

On a usage basis, one negative point about the Diablo is that it runs very hot.

Anybody who has compared both amps side-by-side and could comment on it?

Thank you
hamburger

Showing 4 responses by kiwi_1282001

I guess then the question is whether the Dartzeel is worth the asking price? $20k is not exactly chump change, even if it has an pleasure control.
I’ve auditioned both the GamuT DI-150 and the Gryphon Diablo.

Two quite different amplifiers in my opinion.

The GamuT is characterized by stunning transparency and incredible treble extension, reproducing music with great focus, precision and impressive transient response. On the negative side of ledger – for me at least – I found the GamuT to be somewhat clinical and lean which in turn lead to an opinion that it was somewhat bass shy.

The Diablo has a highly poised, confident and unhurried view on music. Its bass is deep, powerful and solidly propulsive handling dynamic and rhythmic demands with ease. On the negative side of the ledger the Diablo does not offer class leading transparency, runs incredibly hot and in comparison to the GamuT looks butt ugly – all in my humble opinion of course.

The sound of both amplifiers will be influenced by the source as both are relatively neutral with the GamuT being neutral/cool and the Diablo neutral/warm.
The MF is not in the same league as the above four IMHO. Neither (before anyone asks) is the Pass Labs INT-150.

Another amp that is in the same league is the ASR Emitter.
Wow, six chassis. I will have to re-look the definition of 'integrated' again. :-)

Enjoy.