Gryphon Diablo 300 vs Vitus RI-101

So I've been itching to upgrade my amp. I currently have: PS audio Directstream -> PS BHK preamp -> parasound JC1 -> Focal Sopra 2.
    I narrow down to these 2 candidates. Any one with experience with both int amps can comment on them?Thanks!!!
128x128btbluesky

Showing 3 responses by yyzsantabarbara

@dpac996 Great feedback. I would be interested in hearing the AHB2 with darker sounding speakers, such as the Harbeth, Yamaha NS 5000, Vandersteen Treo. I mentioned the AHB2 since the OP wanted to hear something fast and neutral. Not too familiar with the Focal Sopra sound myself.
@btbluesky

. So I figure to get the best out of this chain is the fastest neutral amp I can get my hands on
For giggles, why not try for FREE the Benchmark AHB2. They have a 30 day trial period. You would likely need 2 of them to run in mono mode. FREE only costs you your time. Each amp is $3K.

Stereophile reviewer is going to review the Kaya 45 with these amps (amongst others). These amps are fast and have no voice other than sheer silence. I owned them and if my next speakers are not bright I will have these amps to rotate in.

BTW - BHK did some tests on the AHB2 for some magazine and he said he had never measured an amp this quiet. Link is on the Benchmark web site.
@btbluesky I made my suggestion without taking into consideration your speakers. I am not too familiar with the Focal Sopra. I just saw "fast and neutral". 

Like you I was thinking that the AHB2 maybe a little lean with Kaya but the preamp would tip the scale I guess.

My next amp will be the Luxman m900u. Which sound gorgeous with multiple speakers I heard them with.