Grungebuster mat and Sony 999ES

I have the Sony Modwright 999ES and was told by the people at Herbies that it will work fine in this trasport.Well i tried it on two Audio discs and then a DVD disc and i definitely feel it was a great tweak and i became a believer.Then i stuck it on a second new DVD(16 Blocks with Bruce Willis) and the DVD started freaking out in my transport and i could not get it to stop and the power would not shut off and i had to physically remove the power cord to get the thing to stop.YIKES!!!!The disc is fine itself with no scratches and plays flawlessly without the matt adhered.
I was bummed but thought i had it on wrong possibly and did it again paying close attention to placement and making sure it was solidly adhered and it did the exact same thing again.Needless to say i am worrying about damaging my unit with this type of treatment and was wondering if anyone else experienced this alarming difficulty with the grungebuster 2 and the Sony 999ES transport?Am i doing something wrong?Are there certain discs to watch out for and if so which ones?Anybody got the scoop on this?

thanks for your help

Craig
seekburk

Showing 1 response by seekburk

Yes, i payed very close attention to applying the mat carefully, and correctly, as per the instructions and after it did it the first time i most certainly payed VERY HIGH attention the second time and it did it again on THAT disc.It did it on one other dvd as well.Herbies has been great!!He is going to send me another thinner version to see if that works and he refunded my money immediately upon hearing of this problem.He is a true gentleman and i really enjoy what this product does but for some reason with my 999ES(it has the thin drawer of course)it is doing this.Perhaps there are just certain anomalies on certain discs.Who knows what is going on but my player never acted like that ever and the mat was definitely flat on the disc when it was removed.I am really glad it did not get jammed as it was a heart quickening moment to hear that awful sound of my transport clacking and then not stopping!It was with much trepadation that i tried it again on another dvd and it did it again but i was able to stop it.That being said i tried it yet again and it has worked on like 5 more just perfectly so i don't know what the deal is but there is some deal going on.Don't you hate that intermittent stuff : 0
Hopefully the thinner mat will be the ticket.