Interesting approach. Thanks.
3 responses Add your response
This is not a recommended solution even though it might be effective. The ground connections are there for a reason! If you defeat this you introduce the possibility of shock and fire hazard.
A better solution is to find the culprit and have the AC wiring in it corrected to eliminate the ground loop! Although this is a common problem in older gear there really is no excuse for it in modern equipment. A plan B is to use an isolation transformer to deal with the ground issue.
Or you could hope that your house does not get damaged by fire and that you live to tell about it...