Groove-Glide vrs Last Record Preservative

I'm looking for opinions on the different qualities and characteristics of Groove-Glide vrs Last Record Preservative.
I personally have only used Last. I think I hear a smoothness (more analoguey?) after using it. I've taken to opening new albums, applying Last, waiting five minutes, playing the record, then cleaning my stylus and cleaning the record and putting it in a new sleeve. Mostly I use the product for the promise of being able to listen to the album once per year for the rest of my life without it losing fidelity.
I'd especially like to hear from someone with experiance using both products, comparing and contrasting. Anyone know of any DIY similar products? Why is this stuff so expensive (other than the fact that they can charge anything and we'll buy it?) I'd love to buy a 55 gal. drum and break it down it 5 oz. bottles to sell on AudiogoN at about a buck a pop!
brtritch

Showing 1 response by hlfoyd5c247

I used last for a number of years, but after using the Nitty Gritty on several Last treated products, the sound was degraded substantially. I have been using the Gruv-Glide product for about a year. It doesn't hurt, but I am not certain how much it helps. I believe that it and Last are 2 completely different products with different purposes.