Greatest Rock Drummers

Given the subject line many names come to mind such as  Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Phil Collins and Carl Palmer but, is Neil Peart the greatest rock drummer of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k
128x128falconquest
Yes indeed... and B.J. Wilson has a style of his own, he is just something else. Thank you for the music RIP
I agree with those who seem to associate one drummer within one band, but that doesn’t showcase that drummer’s talent outside their particular band.

Having said this I think Jim Keltner should be considered as one of this generations unsung greats.

This thread has me putting on "Band of Gypsys"/Buddy Miles........as cycles2 posted.
Among the old guys, Charlie Watts deserves more attention.  The Stones secret ingredient was Charlie's rock-solid snare.  And one of the coolest dudes ever.

Among current drummers, one of the most interesting and imaginative is Bryan Devendorf with The National.  Often sounds like he's playing one song while the band is playing another.  Gives life to, and propels, the music, like a good drummer should.
Guess what... two lps I have set out for my enjoyment are..

Little Village "S/T"
Bill Frisell  "Good Dog, Happy Man"

both have Jim Keltner as drummer!

Ringo? Phil Collins? Travis Barker?  Wow. This is Earth calling - try William Benjamin, Richard Allen, Alan White, Billy Cobham, Mike Portnoy, Danny Carrey