Greatest Rock Drummers

Given the subject line many names come to mind such as  Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Phil Collins and Carl Palmer but, is Neil Peart the greatest rock drummer of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k
128x128falconquest
I love Steve Jordan. Great feel and groove. I would say there is no greatest. They all contributed something. Neil Pearl is a master technically but not so much gifted with feel.

If I was forced to choose then my top pick would be John Bonham. Anyone who plays rock will have been influenced by him and most drummers study him.

Chad Smith is amazing too - just keeps a tight groove with great hi-hat work and solid kick. Could be the perfect rock drummer as he is so solid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Am5_7oM_fFk

After the death of Buddy Rich, Neil Peart organized the recording of a tribute album to Buddy. Unfortunately for him, Neil exposed to the drumming world his total inability to play a shuffle, a complete lack of sense of swing. His playing on that album became the butt of a lot of jokes amongst drummers. How embarrassing! Earl Palmer had an absolutely incredible ability to swing, legendary amongst drummers.
How about drummer B.J.Wilson of the Brit band Procul Harum? Check out his work on "Shine On Brightly" and "A Salty Dog".
There are different types of drummers who can be called the best. There are the technically skilled like Peart, who never really get into a groove, and then there are the rhythmic drummers who have "feel." Just listen to Clyde Stubblefield, now that’s a drummer who was "in the groove."
I love Bonzo, his polyphonic rhythms have been compared to counterpoint in classical music. I also love Bruford, another original, plus Billy Cobham, Carl Palmer, Copeland, and Keith Moon. Keith, btw, couldn’t keep a beat in the studio.
There’s a little-known drummer, except in drumming circles, called Budgie from Siouxsie & the Banshees. Exceptionally rhythmic, influenced by African and Japanese drummers. DW ranks him among the best.

Ringo Starr had a unique ability to add something different and interesting to each song.