Greatest Composers of All Time

I found this list that might be of interest to the minority of audiophiles that are actually interested in classical music.
Greatest Composers
chayro

What a thread! I hadn't seen it before, and like many others here consider J.S. Bach number one. I believe more in depth than breadth, so would thereafter go with other Baroque composers before those of other eras. But you can't eat the same thing at each meal, so would break them up with Beethoven, Mozart (perhaps a little too intellectual for my knowledge level), and some others commonly loved, even Wagner ;-).

I actually started my Classical listening with 20th Century (Stravinsky, etc.), but that doesn't wear well, does it? The Romantics bore me to death, especially Brahms. I don't get him at all.

I listen to a lot of "modern" composers and like them very much.  Varese, Ligetti, Nono, they are all very interesting, but, I suspect that it is pretty much impossible for anyone past the Romantics to get wide enough acclaim to challenge for even a top 10 popularity rating.  
I just noticed that in recent posts, Mahler's 9th, and Erik Satie are mentioned.  That is a bit of a coincidence because I have a playlist on an iPod I have hooked up to my car audio system and the recently played tracks include Mahler's 9th (my favorite of his symphonies) and it is currently playing Satie's Gnossiennes.