Great tracker cart $100

Second system for used 70s/80s punk, new wave, college alt, classic rock. This is more for man cave then audiophile application but still decent sound. Shure m44 series?
128x128phasecorrect

Showing 12 responses by phasecorrect

I had one years ago on a project table so my memory is somewhat foggy...but online feedback is negative...doesn't get much love...until blue point range
Note...Familiar with Shure...would like some more detail...which $100 cart handles recordings with sibilance issues?
Also...anybody familiar with Lpgear deft 2...its a HE for 100 bones...are there any other HE carts in this range?
Tracking/surface noise reduction outweighs sonics...but 2m red does seem like the frontrunner...thanks mates!
I've tried budget AT carts but they can be extremely...for tracking/ soundstage depth who is the winner?
Standard S shaped arm ...shure m97xe has a romantic somewhat veiled sound...reminiscent of classic 70s era tube amps, etc...the m97he that came out in the 80s was a great cart...wish they still had that one in production...2m is tempting..as is AT 120e
I took the leap gents...maybe not best for my initial post...but for clarity, open midrange, and punchy detailed bass...At440mmla does the trick...brings and excitement and energy to the proceedings!
Everyone talks about the treble extension with the 440...but what about bass definition?...its staggering...punchy, articulate, and very clean...that's what sold me...hopefully the highs won't be a deal breaker in the end...how does the 2m compare? Bass articulation? One thing the m97 needed help with imho
Yeah, over budget...but well worth it! I was contemplating 120e for a moment...but the minimal extra was worth it.
Twice the price doesn't automatically equate to double the pleasure...but in this case it does...thanks to all...just for the record...the 2m was right there...absurd cart for the money