GREAT MUSIC - SO POORLY RECORDED...

HI TO ALL... Made a change to isolating my speakers, so I'm pawing thru my CDs and listening for the changes/improvements - and I put in one of the all-time greats (IMHO), and I am still so disappointed in the quality of the recording:
BAT OUTTA HELL by Meatloaf (luv ELLEN FOLEY ON "... Dashboard Lights..."): UGH!

What are your personal disappointments?

Another for me: THE DANCE by Fleetwood Mac : OVERLY Bass heavy
insearchofprat
I agree that Elton John recordings are disappointing,the piano is buried far under the other instruments.I haven't tried Meatloaf yet since I've spent the last year revamping my system,but will do so today since now I'm curious.The Blues Brothers soundtrack has been practically unlistenable until I tried a new R2R dac recently.Now it sounds fantastic.The Chain and Sticky Fingers sound great but the Stone's 40 Licks is still harsh.
I'm just saying a GREAT RECORDING is a great recording - nothing in comparison to listening live (examples like BLUE: JONI MITCHELL, TAKE FIVE: DAVE BRUBECK). EXCEPTION to THE BAND - when I heard them live, I would have sworn they were reading the rotes and rifts right off sheet music! - SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE THE RECORDING!!
Regarding the recordings of Elton John: I've heard recording (both CD and Vinyl) of the live radio broadcast he gave here on LI in the early 70s - and it's pretty damn good! Find it, PLAY IT LOUD AND ENJOY IT!
Yeah Meatloaf is pretty bad!Scorpions -Big City Nights is pretty bad too.
On the other end of the spectrum are the albums that were recorded and mastered in a way that could never be reproduced live.