Great music in bad commercials - what can you do?

I have mixed feelings about this, but I just heard a great Nico song - "these days" - used in an ad for a KMart/Disney children's clothes joint venture. God it made me pissed! I usually don't mind the songs in ads, it's alot better than radio, but I have a feeling Nico's rolling in her grave about this one. What commercial songs do you consider sacrilege??
robertd

Showing 1 response by whknopp0713

I think David Byrne is still making fun of the establishment. At least the Heads always had a sense of humor. And nothing is better than that, is it? The bit on Windows is also almost unrecognizable. But to answer the question, that Cadillac thing naseates me. Zeppelin, whose music I love, has almost zero sense of humor and was always non-commercial, at least in attitude, and not including Peter Grant (big exception, I know, but he stayed out of the music). I want to think that it just can't be worth the money, although I heard somewhere that when Windows 95 was launched, the Evil Empire paid the Stones $7 million for Start Me Up. That's a ton. But I always hate it when music becomes tied to a specific thing; it's so limiting. I still can't hear After Midnight without thinking about beer!