Great Male Vocals--Walter Wolfman Washington

Checkout this guy's album My Future is My Past.  You'll be sure to know a few of these covers.  Sparse, traditional arrangements that show off his voice, the room, and his tasty, laid back jazzy blues guitar.  I'm going to see this guy live in New Orleans someday. 

The sonics are great, making me wish I could hear Jimmy Witherspoon, Lou Rawls, Sam Cooke, and others in this great level of sound quality.
128x128jbhiller
@jbhiller, +1 on this album, this is a good one. I cued it up for a buddy of mine and the look he shot me during the intro of the first track was absolutely priceless....talk about palpable, WWW is right there! Great quality all around.
@chilhed, I had the exact same reaction!  That brother can play and sing.  Recording quality memorializes his work well. 
Thanks jbhiller just picked it up at my local library at noon after reading this this am.....fantastic!   Only up to track 3 "Even now" w/Irma Thomas!!
Another good one... same genre, Bobby Rush, "Sitting On Top Of The Blues". Perhaps not quite the nuance and detail as the WWW record but it is close. The quality of the songs and sonic's are excellent.