Great budget phono cable needed

Yes, this is a cable request but here's the background...

I've been resurrecting my AR ES-1. Adding a number of Scillia-improved Merrill parts (studs, springs, acrylic platter, lead mat, upgraded inner platter, copolymer arm board), and I dampened the subchassis with a very effective compound offered by Eric at Sound of the Wood. Still using my Sumiko MMT. Recently purchased a 103R for use on it, feeding into a Plinius Jarrah.

I want to make all this clear because my "new" ES-1 will sound a bit different from stock. I expect it to sill be musical and rythmic, but also now improved in clarity, quietness, and articulation. I believe the 103R will be a good match, but I'm looking for a great budget arm cable that will be a nice match for this combination. The 103R is a highly regarded cart, but as is typical mine shows a slight (~1dB) but broad shelving across the upper mids through the high end. 1dB is not much, but when it spans that great a range I believe it can have an effect. I don't want a cable that will tilt up the high end, necessarily, but I do want something that will mainatin a musical, open, and extended presentation. From what I've heard I suspect I'm looking for an inexpensive version of a TAK-H.

Currently using an old Petersen cable (blah). I've been reading about offerings from Signal Cable and Ultimate Cables out of Canada. I'd appreciate getting opinions on either these, or others which would be a good fit. Has to be DIN to RCA. Should be less than $200
tonyptony

Showing 1 response by uru975

Check out the cable company, they have a lending library of cables, so you can actually have one in your system and try it out for a week or so. Also Cardas Neutral Reference is very good and less than the Golden Cross. Good luck