Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer: Worthwhile or No

Does putting a tube buffer into a solid state system actually improve the output, or is it all just hyped up the emporer has no clothes syndrome?

There's a Grant Fidelity B-283 tube buffer for sale here and I'm thinking about it. I have an Adcom GFA 535 amp, a Morrison pre amp and an Arcam CD75 CD player.

Opinions?

Thanks.
masswineguy

Showing 5 responses by davidk35

There is at most a $17 difference in price & you get Canada based warranty back up + it is wired to GF spec's.
So, Elizabeth you are comparing a $180 buffer with a $multi thousand pre amp. I would certainly expect the VAC to be better at that price differential. Apples & oranges.
Team212, you are implying then that none of the GF products are any good? and that they should be avoided based on just your vague, uncorroberated opinion alone yes?
I do not work for the Co or have anything to do with them but this thread appears to be very biased. I do not find this to be so on other forums.
Sugith, I take it then you have tried the actual combination of B283 & tube CD player, yes?. What specifically was it about this particular combination you did not like? and for reference what was the tube CD player you used to formulate your opinion? TIA.
Demianm,
yes that does help. I do think buffers in general are worthy of greater discussion, too often people turn their nose up at them & take an anti position based on tired old formulaic nonsense about wire + gain which I am sick to death of hearing about because in a lot of cases it has got nothing to do with actually "listening" to different system set ups & more to do with entrenched pre conceived ideas.