Granite Audio Power cord 555

Hi,
I just wanted to let folks out there know the construction and therefore the cost basis of the cord above.
I had to take mine apart to lift the ground and was quite disappointed to fine some very cheap power extension cord
connected to some nice connectors. The prices below are for purchases of single units or for the purchase of very short lengths as in the case of the shrink tubing or polyester sleeving.
Break down:
Hubble Plug 12.50
Wattagate 320 IEC 24.50
Cable 50c/ft
polyester sleeving 50c/ft
shrink tubing $2.5 per/6' length
RFI/EMF torriods 25c
Contact conditioner???
The grand total here is...approximate $50. mostly for the connectors...50% for the wattagate which can be replace with the marinco iec for 12.50.
I know this because I have made this same cable. These are being auctioned off at "Quest for Sound" right now with a starting price of $250. Make it you self. For get everything but the connectors and cabble and you have a $40
$250-$500 power cord. By the way the labor is about 1/2hr.
Is the indicative of the markup on other Granite products?
%500 to %1000
nealb

Showing 3 responses by avguygeorge

Bravo.Don.Inasmuch as I dislike "infomercials" on the sight;I certianlly understand(and enjoyed) yours. A man;A company's reputation were on the line.Having spoken to a few "wires" companies, designers,I understand the termination is one of the main keys.Yes, you can DIY;save some $$,but I'm sure you will end up with less.
That's ok,I can stand some more minuses. A thoughtful thread on this subject would not have a brand name as a title, nor singled the brand, within the thread. I don't own this brand;I own many others,so the construction of power cords in general is an interesting subject.