Grail T5 Speakers

Two recent issues of Stereophile featured large ads for these previously unknown speakers. I responded to the first ad and received a download "book" explaining why the speakers were so great. A number of emails to someone identifying themselves as JV Grail ensued. He had a complicated sales pitch asking me to buy the speakers and host demonstrations in my home for which I would be credited to the point that the speakers would be free. That was just red flag #1. Others followed, including no identification of the company's locale, only a Facebook site that featured zero customer input or reviews. The emails developed an unpleasant almost scolding tone, especially when I did agree to be a demonstrator and did not respond to his offer to take my money and invest it in Bitcoin! He suggested that these remarkable opportunities were a "no brainer." At last word, he was working on a second round of speakers, yet no customer reviews were ever posted. I contacted Stereophile and they terminated the ads, but not before a second one appeared in the next edition. This had all the hallmarks of a scam. Does anyone have further information or did anyone ever receive a pair of the speakers?
rrochelle
Wow you bit the coin,I haven’t seen this nonsense.
I wish you the best of luck and maybe they leave you alone.
I bought a pair of these about 4 months ago without even hearing them, relying on the money back guarantee.  I cannot say enough good about them, especially after a break-in period.  I'm totally satisfied & think at the price they're a bargain.  Yes, it felt a bit sketchy purchasing in this way, but felt I had no risk except the pain of shipping them back if I didn't love 'em.  They're very professionally designed, manufactured & shipped.  I'd recommend to anyone looking for a pair in this price range!
I had several emails with Mr. Grail. He claims to have been a designer for several speaker companies. When I asked which they were, he stopped emailing me. I was actually interested in trying a pair out, but am now glad I didn't.