GR Research/ Jays iyagi speaker cable blind test

Curious on your thoughts of this video. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTwwvY8Is1o&t=1202s

htaddict

It's so fun to watch these watch these different types of influencers try to hype one another's brand with pseudo-scientific games.

@hilde45 Wrote:

It's so fun to watch these watch these different types of influencers try to hype one another's brand with pseudo-scientific games.

I agree, don't take it personal it's just business. lol

Mike

I tried these cables and thought they sounded quite good. I compared them to a few other cables including some that were considerably more expensive (Iconoclast series 2 SPTPC) and it wasn't until I tried Kimber Select KS-3035 that I found something I liked better. 

I think the GR-Research cable is quite the bargain. 

My issue with this test is the vast difference in cable gauges.

16 vs what appears to be much larger. I would think you would want to match gauges and then try the test. If the GR cable is say 10 gauge then a ofc stranded cable of same gauge and length should be used,in my opinion. I believe the results would be quite different.

I agree @htaddict. Comparing a $500 to a $2000 cable is more interesting to me and probably more "fair" but the idea is to see if he could choose his own cable vs a cheap one.  I think it says more about the cheap cable than it does about his own cables.