Got to visit Audio Alternatives

Rick is the owner and what a fun guy he is.  He offers a dizzying selection of gear at all price ranges.  He's been doing this since 78 and has knowledge that you can't pay for.  He's a set up genius.  He has Logans, Wilson, Paradigms, Linn, Harbeth and offers the only full Vandersteen system 9 set up.  That's the system I wanted to hear and I have to say that it is probably the best system I've ever heard.  Those added sub nine subs take the 7's to a level that is scary good.  I also loved the Mustang cherry red with gold metallic flake. If I didn't have my Quatro's in Audi Havana Black, I'd get them in this color.  They pop, but the system was sick.  Vandy amps with D'Agastino pre amp and all top AQ cabling and power conditioning.  It was all about setting them up. He gave me some tips and I think I'll have my buddy come over to reset my own system. 

He played some fun music and not 'audiophile' stuff.  He showed me that you can set up a top system in any room if you are careful.  You dont' need expensive devices or pads, just real world stuff on the walls and racks of albums work GREAT to diffuse the sound.  If anyone is looking for gear in the Denver, Wyoming or Nebraska area, Rick's store is a MUST visit as he has a selection and knows what gear sounds best with what.  

I'm so glad that I got to meet him today.  Honest as the day is long and helpful as heck.  
ctsooner
I remember- I think- an Audio Alternative in Cali- San Diego? Maybe I was dreaming. Or it was a publication like the early Stereophile. Talking 70s here.
Or it was a publication like the early Stereophile. Talking 70s here.

There was a magazine called "Audio Adventure" back in that time.  I have a few copies.
There used to be an Audio Alternatives in the south east, but they don’t owe up anymore.
HiFi Buys now in Buckhead (Atlanta) used to be Audio Alternative in Lilburn, Ga.  They moved and changed their name.  I purchased my Plinius integrated amp from them in the 1990’s.
Funny as HiFi Buys is also a stellar Vandersteen dealer, lol...  Never made it there though.  Travel is getting so much harder for me.  Thank goodness my wife is here to help me etc...  I"m blessed.  :).