Got screwed using Paypal What to do?

Paypal won't protect me!
The only way that I can get my money back, according to Paypal, is if they can find the guy that never sent me the unit that I won on ebay.

I paid by credit card on Paypal. The seller took the funds, left for Europe and never sent my unit. Fat chance of them getting anything.

I lost over $2300!
I HATE Paypal!

Does anyone out there know if I can do a credit card chargeback against Paypal.

Richard
drrdiamond

Showing 1 response by gs5556

Richard, since you paid by credit card you have certain rights. First, contact the credit card issuer and tell them you are disputing the charge. By law, they must invesigate and, if they cannot get PAYPAL to issue you a refund or credit within 30 days, they will issue you "provisional credit" which means that the disputed amount is not factored into your finance charges and available credit. If the creditor cannot get the money back after 60 or 90 days, this provisional credit MAY become permanent and you are off the hook. Read your statement/agreement VERY CAREFULLY as this is subject to state laws.

Second: in writing (as soon as you hang up the phone), tell the creditor you are dissatisfied and are demanding a refund. Include your personal info, card number number and the product in dispute (even though you didn't receive it, you still PAID for it) and the amount in dispute. Mail PAYPAL and your creditor a copy of this letter. Since PAYPAL is the one that deducted your credit card, check with your state's Attorney General to what extent PAYPAL's liability is, if any.

This is your best shot. But ya gotta move now. Best of luck.