Got a BAT VK-225se ... Holy Moly!

So, yesterday I took delivery of a BAT VK-225se power amp, and all I can say is WOW! It’s like having an entirely new system, not a mere component upgrade. Bass slam, grip, and control are simply astounding, and soundstaging has a great deal of three dimensionality. I’m hearing lots of detail, and have never heard my rig sound so good. Instruments sound more real than I had heard in my rig previously. The amp it replaces is a Musical Fidelity A300cr with more wattage (225 wpc, dual mono), yet the VK-225se blows it away completely. I had never before run balanced between my VK-3i and a power amp, but it really makes a huge difference. I am really digging my system more than ever, and I never thought that a power amp could have such a positive effect.
rlb61

Showing 1 response by dep14

BAT makes good stuff.  I had a VK 200 for a while that I picked-up used.  Was a really great amp.  Punched WAY above it's weight.  If I needed a budget amp I would look for one again in a heartbeat.

I've not had the chance to own one of their pre-amp's.  I'd like to try one someday.