Good used Pre-Amp? Price Range $1500.00 to $2000.00

Hello to Everyone.

I'm new to using this forum or any other. My question is what  recommendations would you make for a good used preamp in the price range of $1500-$2000.00. Preamps I've used in the past range from Phase Linear P3800, Nikko Beta 20,30, and 40. Luxman can't remember the model# but it was from the early to mid 80's. And I currently own a Classe DR-6, and Sonic Frontier SFL-1. I wanted too possibly get into using a tube preamp. 
     From the previous forums I've read people always ask. What type of Equipment are you going to be pairing with the Pre-Amp. So here goes.
  1) monarchy SE-160 mono block amps. 
  2) Classe CDP-100 CD-Player.
  3) Carver TX-12 Tuner.    Until I can afford to get a nicer unit.
  4) Systemdek IIX Turntable.
        A) AudioQuest  PT-6 tone arm
.       B) Graddo  Mc wood cartridge. ( Sorry can't remember to exact model ).
        C) custom made tone arm cable. Made of a mixture gold,silver, and ofc red copper.
  5) Audio Research  PH-3 Phono Amp.
  6) all aftermarket power cords. All made of Sliver Plated OFC Copper. In 10 AWG. 
  7) Monster Power HTS-5000 reference power center.
  8) Speakers Sony. ES-SS-M9's. 4 ohms rated 100 to 300 watts continuous. 
        A)    87dB  efficiency. 
  9) Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 with new updates and larger caps. ( Pre-amp ).
10) Classe DR-6 with Seperate power supply & upgraded umbilical cord. ( Pre-amp ).

I do hope that all this info helps. I really would like to get a nice used Tube Pre-Amp.  And now that I'm disabled because of health issues. My budget got slashed to practically nothing. And as my wife likes to tell me.  I have champagne taste on a non-sweetened Kool-Aid budget. 
   So I would most certainly appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you all for taking the time to help.

I will list a few other components and speakers that I occasionally switch out. 
 1)  Amps.
     A) Proton D1200 power amp.
     B) Digital Amp Company  DAC-4800A  amp.
 2)  CD-Player & DAC.
     A)  musical fidelity  Elektra E-60 CD-Player
     B)  Audio Research DAC-5. Digital to analog converter.
 3)  TurnTables. 
     A)  Micro-Seiki DD-40 with 505 tone arm. 
     B). Conrad-Johnson Sonographe SG-3 with Proline tone arm.
 3)  Speakers.
     A) B&W DM-14 speakers.
     B) Canton Karat 30  speakers.
     C) canton  Ergo 32DC. speakers

.  Hey guys thanks again for letting me Ramble.
   Best Wishes to All.
Ag insider logo xs@2xgoldhawk

Showing 1 response by david12

One more to consider, Modwright, the LS100 and discontinued 9 series, would be well in range second hand. Excellent products and great manufacturer support. I got the 36.5 Pre, which might be in your price range and it is not going anywhere. It is better than the Audio Research Ref 3, which costs a lot more.