Good Stereo Speakers for outside use during BBQs, evening pot luck dinners etc

I want to purchase (preferably used) a pair of good speakers to place in our back yard for get togethers with friends. I would like speakers that resolve well with clean highs and decent bass but nothing on the level of very high end. I will probably be running around 40 ft of speaker wire from a Pass X250.8

I'm just looking to have quality music in the back yard to enjoy with food, drink and non-audiophile friends. Easy set up and take down is desired as I really don't want to schlep my Vandersteen's in and out of the house every time I want music outside. Any suggestions for speakers and wire would be appreciated.

Bruce

brskie
I have mounted over my outdoor kitchen a pair of Dayton Audio outdoor  powered by a pocket sized bluetooth/amp and they are awesome. Not my Maggie/Parasound set up but very fun outside and plenty loud.
The speakers were pretty old even so the support at Klipsch had difficulty identifying them but what they determined was the model was  similar to the CA-6T.  They must of had some variations of custom outdoor speakers back in the day.  The tweeters were fine but the woofers were cached. I found some replacements not for my model but took a chance on pictures that looked similar to my woofer and had to do some fine dremel shaving to make it fit but the results were amazing!
Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2.  Very versatile, excellent value and really nice-sounding bookshelf.  More bass than any bookshelf should be allowed to have. 
I have a pair of JBL Control 29AV speakers. 8" woofer and a horn-loaded tweeter. Good sound for low-level background and can really deliver the SPL when called upon and amped properly. I use mine in 8ohm and using an older Crown pro amp. They have dramatically exceeded my expectations of sound quality and have lasted outdoors for over 10 years.

This thread, its contributors and especially WolfGarcia who likes the volume up loud, are all anti-social.  How would you like it if I pumped up the volume in my yard?

Anyhow, don't bring any of these speakers next door to me or you will soon be needing to replace them.

Perhaps the next thread should be on high power amps that will cause even more nuisance.  Not.