Good speakers for a small room?

I have a 9x12 room and a Cary 805 for power. I also have a Tannoy subwoofer that can be upgraded if necessary. I listen to classical, mostly chamber music and opera, folk music and rock, though not as loud as I used to. Any ideas appreciated.
kbo
What price range? Operas or Triangles would sound great. The Duettos by Triangles are about 5K but wonderful and their entry line products are wonderful although bass shy (something your sub can fix!).
Also heard a very amazing speaker last week. VMPS's smallest speaker is the 626. It is bigger than a typical bookshelf but smaller than most floor standers. Very efficient. Uses a cone woofer but ribbons otherwise.

Lush sound stage.

Cost is less that 1400.
All very worthy products mentioned. Spica TC60's are a little better on detail than the TC50 but very smiliar sound indeed, ET LFT16's, Spendor, Harbeth, and there have been mention of Mordaunt Short Carnival around $250 to $300 a pair. Thay have been getting rave reviews. The Spica TC50's will mate with a subwoofer very well but the TC 60's are a little harder to mate with a subwoofer being rear ported as the TC50's are acoustic suspension. All the proacs will sound good with tubes as well as all the small speakers listed above. Good luck.