Good question, lots of answers.

I've owned a pair of Legacy Classics for over 5 years now and have no intention of 'upgrading'. Granted, they are large (110#) but they are full range and ruthlessly accurate (no more than down .2db @ 22) but rewarding as ever when good source materail is used. Sometimes they even 'dissappear', which is a hard act to do. Once you've listened to a good, full-range system, its hard to go back to anything that doesn't convey the full intent of what the artist originally intended. I hope that doesn't sound elitest, just truthful. They now cost about $700 more than what I paid but you may be able to find someone who can audition them for you. I was lucky enough to do just that before I bought mine: the guy had a CD of Nat King Cole that was accidentally remastered without the trademark 'echo' used at the time and it seemed that he was actually in the room with me, crooning away. It sent chills down my spine and I was sold right then and there. Granted, some old 20 watt Macs were driving them effortlessly so that helped in creating the illusion but man, o man. What glorious sound. On an aside, the recording engineer (I forget his name) bought a pair of Legacys himself once he heard them and he's been around a long time (Eagles, Steely Dan, etc) and now he remasters. Hope this helps.
128x128nonoise

Showing 1 response by ellery911