Good options for monitor Audio sliver line

Hello I have the newer design monitor audio silver 8 speakers , and am currently using a marantz 7008 avr to push them . I bought a emotiva xpa amp to add some more sound to the speakers , but sold it the next day . The marantz avr sounded better . Any ways I’m looking into staying with marantz , and stepping up into the seperates realm with the 7702mkii or 8802 but need to find a good amp that matches with my gear . For now I would like to add a amp just to the receiver , then step up to the pre amp. I wanted to to try intergrated but I use subs in my setup and Sonos for audio . I realize my stuff is not super high end , but I do appreciate a great sound , and try to get by while still raising a young family . I was told to buy a lexicon , or b&k 200.7 amp , but would like stuff newer with a warranty , unless these two amps are the bees knees .. Thoughts???
nesto719

Showing 5 responses by nesto719

Yes I have the monitor audios hooked up to the 7008 avr because I use it for music and movies . The room isn’t dedicated , so I need a multipurpose system (family room)) . I bought a emotiva xpa amp and didn’t like the emo house sound for music purposes , (bright , and a little harsh) for movies though it worked great . I want a power amp because I was thinking of moving into a pre amp . I thought about going intergrated , but how would this work still for movies , without having to switch speaker cables around from intergrated to receiver ?
Also would a intergrated be powerful enough my speakers , They are 4 ohm 200 watt ?
Any intergrated amps with a ht bypass that you recommend?? Thanks for the input by the way
So if  I get a  intergrated amp do I still hook up the speakers and sub via my avr? I'm confused on the whole ordeal 
Would i still be able to use a sub with the intergrated via two channel music as well as HT ? I'm very limited in space and one set of speakers will have to work , but I see your point . Will I get just as good performance buying a two channel amp and using the avr as a pre out , or just buying a dedicated pre pro / amd with a good two channel analog section ?