Good Match for Soliloquy 6.3's and Luxman R-117?

I have a pair of Soliloquy 6.3's and an older classic Luxman amp (a nice "warm" sounding combination). I am currently using a very modest pair of Esoteric Audio cables but I would like to upgrade. I can bi-wire but several have warned me against "internal" biwire and I am not ready to incorporate a double run yet. Therefore a single wire configuration will be just fine. I'm looking to spend up to $350 on the used market.

BTW, I should also upgrade my interconnect (now a cheap Monster) so I also need advice on a good cable/interconnect match too. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
shoff

Showing 1 response by soix

I've got Soliloquy 5.3s and am very happy with Acoustic Zen Satori cables, which you may be able to find used in your price range. I know Soliloquy has used AZ cables at shows in the past, so apparently they feel there is a synergy there too. I'd also recommend auditioning their new Matrix and Silver Reference interconnects. I use the Silver Ref from CDP to pre and Matrix Ref from pre to amp and it's a yummy combo(Silver provides lots of detail and Matrix allows midrange to really sing). Best of luck.

Tim