Good Match for BlueSound PowerNode 2i

A couple of weeks ago, I started a discussion around an office system with a minimal budget.  At the time, I was considering a set of SONOS ($400) speakers or a Yamaha 301BL ($300)  paired with Polk speakers ($339).

Since then I have uppded the budget and am leaning toward an BlueSound PowerNode 2i with either KREF LS50s or B&W 606s.  

I thought about the KREF  LS50W and the KREF LSX (nice price of $1000).  However, I have shied away from those options because of zero upgrade options.f

I am fairly settled on the PowerNode, but would consider a different setup.  My requirements are that it should be able to power the aforementioned speakers, and the amp should be ROON ready.  I like the PowerNode form factor, but I do have room for a larger box.  Budget does need to stay at around $2000.  I would consider used gear.  Time frame to pull the trigger is about 2 weeks (or around 4/9/2020).  

Given that listening to the components from disparate manufacturers can be difficult in the best of times, and with social distancing, these are not the best of times for that activity, my purchase would need to be made somewhere where returns are accepted.

It would be great if someone had experience with the above systems or something else that meets the criteria and doesn't blow the budget.  
128x128markainsworth
I've got a Powernode 2 (same amp section as the 2i, I believe) mated to Elac Debut Reference DBR62 speakers via Anti-cable 2.1.  Not harsh at all, and I am very averse to "forward" or "aggressive" sounding audio gear.  This is in a smaller system in the man-cave, but my main system consists of Meridian source components and Classe electronics.  That system was carefully put together, working with a local shop, to replace a system that, while very good at checking all the hi-fi boxes, was fatiguing to listen to for any length of time.  The Powernode, while not in the price or performance class as my main system, still provides a similarly warm, detailed and musical experience.                         

I actually do most of my listening to the Powernode system because its on the lower level and I won't bother others in the house.  I have no desire to upgrade this system because I feel I would need to spend an inordinate amount of money to get any meaningful improvement.

John Darko does a video review of the Powernode 2i, which was paired with the LS 50. Also check his written follow up on his web page.
One more thought - if you're already looking at the LS50 Meta, I'd give serious thought to the new LS50 Wireless II.  You'd be at about the same price as the Powernode 2i + LS50 Meta, but have the advantage of amplification built specifically for the speaker.  

I found a set of Klipsch RP600F at a really good price. Would they be too much for the power node 2? they are rated up to 125 watts RMS and 97 dB sensitivity, so they are easy to drive.

What do you guys think?