Good looking Towers for < $2000?

Going to upgrade from my Paradigm Studio-20 V5s.  These are on stands. 
I've decided to go with towers this time.  I don't like stands that much.
Anyway, for living room 2ch music.  WAF and attractiveness are important for the living room.
Not looking for black rectangular boxes.
I tend to like moderate/soft levels.   Jazz, folk, classical, new age, some rock.

I am also looking for a bit more bass than the Studio 20s give me (54Hz low-freq).

Salk looks nice and gets great reviews (SongBirds, SongTowers).

How are PSB?   Any other good suggestions?

Thx,
Rob

albireo13

Showing 2 responses by ghosthouse

Albireo13 - 
Take a look at and, if possible, give a listen to a pair of Silverline Audio Prelude Plus speakers.  They look very nice with rosewood veneer and slim design.  Even with grills on they are pretty attractive.  They also have excellent sound.  Can do nice deep bass if it's in the recording (e.g., Cosmic Hippo, Black Light Syndrome)....just not into the 20s...least ways not worth talking about.  Sensitive and capable of generating some high dB levels.  Silk dome tweeter.  Very airy with great imaging.  Price is very good too.  I took a gamble and bought a pair un-auditioned from Underwood HiFi.  Very happy I got them.  Maybe there's a sub in the future but I can honestly say it is NOT pressing.  Enjoying them very much as they are.  With your music preferences you might never need one.   

Have passed through the hundred hour mark on the Prelude Pluses.  Finally hooked them up to the tube gear I had bought them to use with (78 wpc EL34 mono blocks; 6H30 & EZ80 rectifier pre-amp).  I am no longer thinking I need to get a sub.  Lower mid-range and bass are fuller with these tubes than I expected and actually seem better than with the much higher powered solid state gear I used during the breaking in period.  Go figure.  I think these Preludes are an amazing bargain.