Good FM tuner for around $1K

I’m looking for a decent FM tuner, would like to spend less than $1200 if possible. Used is ok, maybe even preferable. Any advice, or recommendations would be helpful and appreciated.
tlong1958
If you check FMtunerinfo.com, you'll that the experts there love the Sansui 9900, which you can buy used for $700 or $800 off eBay.  Some consider it to be the best or second  best tuner made.

I own a 9900 that was recently aligned, and I'm elated with it.
Sansui TU717 and TU919 are about the best out there for reasonable money better then the Mag Dynalab lower tier entries by a good margin. find one recapped already, easy to find too. I wont get into a discussion here but a recapped 717-919 is a better sounding tuner then the 9900 IMO( recapped or not). I’m listening to a redone TU 717 now, I’m tuning in to KNKX out of Seattle I’m in Victoria BC Canada (over 80miles away as the crow fly’s) perfect signal sounding wonderful.

Google, Tuner information center shoot out. probably the biggest data base for vintage tuners. really they don’t make tuners like they used to. there is a reason High end vintage Sansui’s and Kenwood tuners get upwards of $3k
+1 on Accuphase. I have two T101's. The T 100 is even better. Great sound and locks on to stations.
Having lived in good DXR locations I used many tuners.Depending on what you are listening and where you live would help you determine what you may like in a tuner. 
I have a Pioneer TX-9100. Go find the best picture you can on-line, mine's better. I'm the original owner. $250 plus shipping. A solid +3dB on the Cool Factor Meter.