Good Direct Drives

So I still keep thinking upgrading my current, Awia/Rega plinth/motor with debut arm and Ortofon cart turntable but after owning many years ago a few SL1200 and SL1210 MK2 and Mk5 I am hankering after a change in TT

But not sure what old model Technics or Pioneer to go for. Unless someone else can suggest another DD of this type etc

Thanks
bur70n
It's always funny how the dealers brainwashing people to buy belt-drive turntables like rega, pro-ject etc.

To listen to some vintage gear you need a time machine back to the 1986 where you could audition those amazing and inexpensive direct drives like the SP-10MKII, Luxman PD-441, Denon DP-80, Victor TT-81 with some amazing vintage MM cartridges. These stuff competes with something that cost x10 today. 

But you ended up with an entry level mainstream from your dealer, sad story. 

If you're serious about analog gear i'm sure you will replace this turntable in a few years. Now you've got what you paid for. 
@bur70n 

Congratulations on the new table.  I always hear great things about Rega.  I was going to go for the RP8, before I settled on the 1210GR.

@bur70n  The Planer 3 is a fine TT. I would ask your dealer for an upgrade to an Exact 2. 

@chakster I understand what you are saying but this way I have not taken on the risk. Unlike with my previous TT, I went in there to try out different carts with my system, which turned out the arm is all wrong. I love the look of the old TT but there is always a little niggle encase something needed doing with no local support. The net is great to show and help but it's still comes down to getting it done. This way I have heard the unit and I know it works well with my system, I have stuck to budget and there was no push to sell, I could hear the difference on the same LP that we played 4 different times on mine and 3 other TT.

I am happy with my purchase, being able to hear it first was the best thing I could of done locally, not having to travel 30miles plus to go elsewhere. They do the full range so sky is the limit to spending, this way I have saved money on what I was going to do....
invictus005 1200G tonearm is very good, but it's not amazing. Far from it.

Ok, let me clarify... That Technics can put the 1200G and that arm together for 4000.00 is amazing.  

The Luxman is beautiful no doubt