Good Direct Drives

So I still keep thinking upgrading my current, Awia/Rega plinth/motor with debut arm and Ortofon cart turntable but after owning many years ago a few SL1200 and SL1210 MK2 and Mk5 I am hankering after a change in TT

But not sure what old model Technics or Pioneer to go for. Unless someone else can suggest another DD of this type etc

Thanks
bur70n
Post removed 
Clearthink,  I can only speak to what I’ve actually heard, so my data set is small but you speak about the hunting of servo controlled DD TT’s as a bad thing. I guess that would depend on the degree of the hunting . I have a VPI Prime with the roadrunner and eagle control which controls the speed to 3 decimal places, but the third decimal place is always hunting for stability as well, but I can’t hear the effect, so why should it matter if servo DD motors do the same as long as it can’t be noticeably perceived?  Is there even a such thing as a perfect speed TT - I wouldn’t think so. 

Also I grant you that the Prime isn’t the “end all” belt driven TT but it’s no slouch either and it was $4k, so would the Prime be considered a serious TT?

@clearthink As an example, several reviewers have found that the RP8 runs fast straight out of the factory. Rega does not correct the problem. Intentional?  
Clearthink:
There are a number tests of the Technics 1200 online.  I don't know of any that agree with your statement.

Here is one:
http://archimago.blogspot.com/2014/08/measurements-technics-sl-1200-m3d-wow.html

Personally, I have listened very closely to my 1200 and don't hear anything of the sort.  YMMV...
I went from a KAB modded SL-1200MK2 to the SL1210GR.  

The improvement in sound quality of the GR was noticeable immediately. If you can make $1700 work, you will be completely amazed and satisfied.