Good Budget CD and integrated????

Hi Everyone. I have recetly saved a friend from buying a bose stereo and he is now looking for a budget integrated amp and a cd player. He will be using them to power Paradigm studio bookshelves. A Small active sub will also be added to round out the bottom end. Mostly classical music.
Any good ideas?
Budget is around $1000-1500us and new or used does not matter. Due to his price range, I would like to get used gear for the best "bag for his buck".

I think, for new stuff, we will start looking at cambridge audio....I am not really sure, and hence I put the Question to you.
Cheers
S
superfly676

Showing 1 response by pmt1209

My vote is for the NAD/Music Hall, I have both along with a set of Paradigm Studio 20v3s.. Great setup!! I would also recommend Signal Analog2s interconnects for the Music Hall to NAD 352, made a big difference in imaging and detail.. You can get a used Music Hall 25 w/mods for around $450 here leaving you $550 for the integrated amp and cables (NAD C352 goes for around $500 new and cables $49... sounds like it hits your budget and is a great setup.. Good luck