Good Amp/PreAmp combo for Alon IV

I am buying a pair of slightly used Alon IV speakers to replace my Celestion SL6si's (I also have a Miller and Kreisel VX-7II Sub). I want to replace my crummy Yamaha RX-V592 amp with a proper preAmp and Amp. I'd like to spend around $2000. Is this even possible, or will I just be choking once again? Any suggestions?
nathanielruhlman
Alon's love tubes, get a good tube integrated ,there are many choices in your price range Audiomat Aperge is one that comes to mine, and enjoy. BTW what's your source?
i use pse studio V monos with good results and a audio research ls-12. i think pse or muse monos would also work well. they are extrmely clean, neutral, dynamic and can be had for in the $500 - $700 range. btw, very reliable.they are/were $2500 new.

granted alons work well with tubes...but you need "at least" 100 wpc and 100 wpc for reliable tubes is $$$$$.

i would try to go tubes in the pre-amp.either a audio research ls-15 or a ls-2b mkIII ( both remote controlled). both are great musical pre-amps that match with the pse monos.the alons are very current hungry and require quality current amps

i use a marantz sa 8260 and the sound is very silky.the alons are EXTREMELY revealing of everything...so pick with care. once setup with good gear, they sing and worth keeping.

hope that helps,

mike