Good amp for B&W 804S for the space-constrained

Good morning folks. I've recently purchased a pair of B&W 804S speakers and need to upgrade my electronics (Denon AV Receiver) to get the most of their sound. Unfortunately the shelves I can use are somewhat shallow. Thus, I'm looking for a solid amplification system that will fit in, let's say no more than 16" including space for the interconnects. Not an easy task, unfortunately. Some ideas I've had (and even demo'd to some extent):

Naim NAIT XS (or maybe even SuperNAIT)
Simaudio Moon i3.3
Rotel RB1552 + pre?

Anything else I should be looking at? Has anyone had experience with any of these in combination with B&W 804S?
nichomoff

Showing 2 responses by rhljazz

Wyred 4 Sound STi 500 is only 14.5 deep. I have a ST500 running my N802's right now and it is excellent, punching way beyond it's price point.
Jdec, I tried the W4S briefly (new out of the box) on my ESP speakers which were designed for a tube amp and it sounded ok but not awesome. I only ran it for about 14 hrs, and in that application I preferred the Cary which is second fiddle to the VAC. I have since swapped speakers to the N802 and plan to put at least 100 hrs on the W4S. I have not tried the Cary on the N802's and at this point a comparison would be unfair until the W4S has broken in. I am using a generic 14/3 power cord which I also used with the Cary. My guess at this point in time, is that the W4S will win.