Good amp for B&W 804S for the space-constrained

Good morning folks. I've recently purchased a pair of B&W 804S speakers and need to upgrade my electronics (Denon AV Receiver) to get the most of their sound. Unfortunately the shelves I can use are somewhat shallow. Thus, I'm looking for a solid amplification system that will fit in, let's say no more than 16" including space for the interconnects. Not an easy task, unfortunately. Some ideas I've had (and even demo'd to some extent):

Naim NAIT XS (or maybe even SuperNAIT)
Simaudio Moon i3.3
Rotel RB1552 + pre?

Anything else I should be looking at? Has anyone had experience with any of these in combination with B&W 804S?
nichomoff

Showing 3 responses by jaybo

nichomoff. sorry for the delayed response. i have concluded that given your space restrictions, there is no need to 'settle'. check out a cyrus 6 or 8 integrated. they are both about 8 inches wide and 14.1 inches deep. they are not as forward as the naim, and warmer than the sim. i've bought naim gear over the years, and except for a vintage nait 2, have found it to be fun for awhile, and then tiring. the cyrus competes with my mac gear, and ias infinitely smaller and more convenient. people are shocked when i play the tiny integrated...they assume its the mc275. the rotel is solid, but matching with a proper pre may present space problems, additional interconnects, etc. the b&w's will sing with the 6 or the 8.