Good $250 Power Cord

Guys,
Would the Audience power cord be the best option for my solid state amp in the $250ish range used?

Thanks,
Wig
128x128wig
Wig, check out the Cryo Parts Beast PC. It was the first PC I bought (and still use) with my Classe CAP 151 int. amp and it is a true value (you can also read my review). Lee of Locus Designs can help a bit more with suggestions also but IMHO it is a tremendous value.
I think the powerchord audience is a good choice for $250
but you might want to ask Don from DCCA.He might be able
to help you.
Audio Art Cables PC - found it to make an audible difference to my ears than PS Audio, Signal Cable
Check out PS audio power punch cables. Way under $250.00 and add nothing nor take anything away from the sound.
06-29-09: Wig

A neutral cable with speed, clarity and dynamics.

Thanks,
Wig

From that description, and your financial limits, I'd recommend looking for a Fusion Enchanter or Impulse, Nordost Shiva or Vishnu. You may also want to listen to Electraglide, Audio Horizons Transparency, Shunyata Taipan or Ridge Street Poiema power cords. These could be availible used in your price range. All of these I've found to be very nuetral, fast and clear.

From my experiences, power and dynamics don't go hand in hand with speed/clarity, especially at lower price points. That's why I asked for your preferences. You could get better dynamics with your wish for speed and clarity, but IMHO you'd have to spend over $1K on the used market. The Stealth Dream has great dynamics, speed and clarity, but is well above your $250 price point.

Cheers,
John
concierto cables used might fall near $300. they not only sound great, they are user friendly - they flex well like the audience, but sound more full.
NASA- I agree it would be nice if they posted pics. Think of all the storage that would consume on their site though(They've quite an inventory).
TG Audio Silver used is a low cost fave of mine.
Another one that you could possibly get for close to this price is the LessLoss DFPC. It is a really nice cord.
Rodman, nice source. If UsedCable.com has pictures attached, that would be nicer.
Try whatever your heart desires, then a Synergistic Research AC Power Coupler. I'll bet it's the one you'll keep. Opens up the sound stage, great dynamics and solid, fast bass drive. With or without the active shielding, they are great PCs. You can try most through these guys, then keep the one you like: ( http://www.usedcable.com/cgi-bin/TheCableCompany.storefront/ ) Click on, "Power" then "Show All", and it's really easy to peruse everything they've got in stock. My second choice, in your price range, would be a Kimber PowerKord 10 Gold.
Some good advice above. I tell ya, Element makes some good powercords in that price range as well.

John
You are doind yourself a disservice if you are not considering the Kaplan cables, available at www.tweekgeek.com

Enjoy,
Bob
"... A neutral cable with speed, clarity and dynamics."

- I've never liked the old PS Audio power cables but their newest PS Ausio Perfect Wave AC-5 is pretty impressive and it'd fits in your taste of music.
I like my music sweet, warm, and romantic. So, the AC-5 is now back in the box and sitting pretty on the shelve along with others... It's NOT for sell, though.
In reply to Mrjstark: Pls. read my post. I said "I found..." That means I was giving my experience, not making a categorical statement. Hope this clarifies it.
"06-29-09: Jmcgrogan2
Well I would first ask, what are you looking to accomplish with this power cord?"

I may be wrong but I think he's looking to transfer power from his outlet to the component.........as opposed to say using it as a leash to walk his dog.
>>Highly recommend Shyunyata Copperhead (used for $210-$240 or so, versus new for $500). Outstanding cable that I found blows away anything else in its price range, or a much higher price range.<<

Blows away anything ahhh. That is pretty bold statement.
I thought it was system dependent? Not what it blows.
Aren't all cables (PC,IC or speaker) sort of like tuning devices.
Some might prefer more salt then pepper and vise versa.
I will second Tvad's recommendation: try few cables in your own system and keep the one you feel suits your system and preferences best.

Mariusz
Post removed 
Kaplan PC's at Tweekgeek.com are quite reasonable. 4' or less of the non-filtered cords are $299 at the present, $349 for 6'. Terminations are either copper or rhodium. I have 2 of the filtered rhodiums for my amps and will be testing both the rhodium and copper non-filtered on my preamp and my Modwright Transporter.

Good Luck.
Highly recommend Shyunyata Copperhead (used for $210-$240 or so, versus new for $500). Outstanding cable that I found blows away anything else in its price range, or a much higher price range.
I enjoy the Virtual Dynamic Power Three on my amp (Jolida JD-502A), it really did "sell me" on the importances of quality power cord.
Well I would first ask, what are you looking to accomplish with this power cord? Are you looking for speed, clarity, dynamics or warm, full, sweet musicality? I'd have different recommendations depending on which direction your system needs to head.

Cheers,
John
Another consideration would be VH Audio Flavor 4 or Oyaide Tunami GPX. I though both were better than the Audience in my system.
I've directed a number of my customers to Signal Cable regarding speaker cables, power cords and interconnects for the budget minded buyer.

Frank makes some terrific products at extremely reasonable prices.

I have no affiliation with Signal Cable.