Goldring GR-1.2, NAD 533 -- any difference?

Hi. Newbie question. I am interested in getting into vinyl and am looking for an entry level turntable that's easy to set up. Two budget turntables that I have heard good things about are the NAD 533 and the Goldring GR-1.2. They are both, I understand Rega P2 clones. However, the NAD lists for $100 more than the Goldring. Is there a difference that justifies the higher price of the NAD?
(The records I have are mostly rock and classical. Some Jazz too. My amp is the Rotel 1062 integrated, which has a phono stage).
mbrooker

Showing 3 responses by mbrooker

Thanks! That certainly makes the decision easier. The plinth, platter and cartridge seemed the same from what I had read. I just wasn't sure about the arm.
Thanks everyone for all the helpful information! I think I am beginning to get a feel for the difference. Given that my budget's kind of tight, I believe I will poke around for a while and see if I can turn up a demo or refurbished NAD. If not, I guess I'll go with the Goldring.
Hmmm. Thanks for the warning. Do you know if NAD updated that design in 2000 as well? Is there any way to tell which it has?