Goldenear Reference Vs. Focal Sopra #2.....pocket the $5k difference and don't look back?

I've listened to both, and each has its pluses and minuses. Unfortunately, I can't listen to them side by side as they are at different dealers.  :-( 
I listen to a lot of classic rock and I'm not sure the Focals are up for the challenge. The Refs sound a bit fuller (to my ears) and I think adapt better to rock music....especially with the built in subs. 
Obviosly the Focal are GORGEOUS and sound incredible...but for $5k ish more?

Im looking to buy one or the other in the next 30 days. Any advise or input would be helpful.

Thx

jnc
I own the Triton References and like you, felt they reproduced Rock very well.  Since over 90% of my listening is to Rock, it was a no brainer to me.  I may be wrong but I seriously doubt the Sopras will do Rock the justice it deserves.  If you are in to Classical or Jazz, I would expect the Focals to be better.
If sonics are paramount, the GE Refs. Aesthetics and sonics, but not as much-Focal(but your wallet will be lighter)

I've heard both, not side by side. If It were in this position, I would go Focal, since I value looks as part of the equation. The  Focals are not lacking to my ears.

We only live once.....
So the ability to essentially boost the bass in speaker on the Triton reference is likely what is making you prefer it for rock music — which a lot of is recorded pretty thin.  Is that what I’m gathering?