Going linear - The Luxman 507ux

No one panic, but I just picked up the last Luxman 507ux in the US. About 110w/ch with power meters. 😀

Ill compare them directly with my Class Ds at home. 
erik_squires
For whatever my experience is worth, I found the remote control actually perfectly executed. Initially, I was just like erik_squires. Why would anyone make all the buttons same size and quite small, etc. However, after a while, I noticed that buttons are laid down in a way that almost all are easily found/recognized without looking. The space between them (on the left side) makes it so, I think. True, "loudness" and "line straight" are trickier, but those that I regularly use (on/off, meter, volume, mute, line 1, balanced 1, phono), are all easy.

Has anyone compared 590axII (if that is the newest one) and 509x (again, the newest one, I think)? I know they are different (class A and so on) and in some theory one would be "warmer", but the difference in price is smallish. I do not doubt that both are stellar, but if anybody has experience with both, I would appreciate your thoughts.

For some reason, Luxman decided that finding dealers should be an exercise for customers so I gave up guessing where to audition them. The only way I know is to e-mail the distributor (very friendly and responsive man, by the way) with your location and then he tells you who to call. If you happen to be travelling, write many e-mails, I guess.
FYI, though I’m usually against spending a lot of dough, I just ordered parts for a basic high quality shielded power cable for the Luxman. :) I’ll report.

I'll be usuing the 14 gauge DH Labs shielded cable and Connex connectors.
@erik_squires Yes. I thought you might like the loudness button. It really fills out the presentation even at moderate levels. I think the remote is fine, I've certainly seen worse. I'm guessing the remote that came with my 505UX is the same as yours because my remote has buttons that are not applicable to my integrated. I have a mono button, but the amp doesn't do mono. I wish it did.  
erik, I just bought the DH Labs Red Wave power cable that's on sale this month. I've never spent anywhere near that for a power cord, but have to say that I was absolutely stunned at the difference. The most bang for the buck I've ever experienced in this hobby. The cable I replaced was their Power Plus, which was already a step up from the factory cord. So there's an FYI for you to mull over. :)
Hey builder3 !

I sure spent a lot less than that! Under $100, including shipping, but this is only a 14 gauge cable.

Hard for me to justify a 10 gauge cable from my power conditioner to my amp when I'm in an apartment and many many connections away from the transformer.

Best,
E