GNSC matinence

Hi Goners!

I was wondering about those of you with older GNSC Wadia 861se et al units that may need service..Where and who would you trust to repair/inspect the lens,internals etc...?

Thanks ahead of time for ALL feedback but i would ESPECIALLY like to hear from the owners of this piece.

Azjake
128x128azjake
"Where and who would you trust to repair/inspect the lens,internals etc...?"

My ears. As long as it works, it stays in my listening room. But I didn't know that GNSC had their version of the 861se. Mine is all by Wadia. It has no after market mods. If it broke, I would probably take it back to where I bought it, Stereo Exchange. Its not my favorite place to do business, but they do have very good technicians and are big enough to where it would be a real possibility of them having parts in stock to fix it. Or possibly locate them.
Along with McIntosh and Audio Research, Wadia is now part of the Fine Sounds Group. For Wadia service, call Audio Research in MN for further direction. They may be a service center for Wadia now. GNSC was also located here in the Twin Cities area. I have had my 861SE over to GNSC several times over the years for all of Steve's upgrades. He used to do work for ARC and he also did mods on ARC gear, new Wadia gear and, of course, pre-owned Wadia.
More to discover