Glue choices for making the Garrard 301 plinth

Hello Audiogoners,
Is there anyone who has experiences on making the plinth for the Garrard?. I am reading somewhere that the choice of glue could affect the sound of the turntable. I am also reading about the hide glue is one of the glue I should use. Please let me know of what you think about it and give me some advices please.

Thank you,

Calvin
dangcaonguyen

Showing 4 responses by dangcaonguyen

@bdp24 
Thank you for your advices.
As for the Tiebond hot hide glue, I have read that it cannot compare to the real hide glue. I might save some cash to purchase the hide glue pot which is sold for around $140.
For the wood, I have to agree with you about the Baltic Plywood. I used it for my first time’s plinth and it worked out great. This time I want to try the Cherry hard wood to see how the sound will change comparing to the Baltic plinth.
Calvin
@bdp24 
Thank you for the idea about the orientation of the wood layer. The main reason I want to try the hardwood plinth is based on Shindo plinth. Ken used cherry for all of his plinth and people who use his turntable have reported it sound so good.

@glennewdick Your turntable looks beautiful, and I guess it sounds delicious too. Your room and system is beautiful and well organized. Thank you for giving me the interesting idea about the plinth. I have never thought about bamboo before. I recall John Devore used bamboo for some of his speakers.
I am checking on the price of bamboo plywoods. It does nit reveal the price of the 4x8 or 5x5 sheet, but for a small piece, it is already too expensive. $21.95 for a 12x24 inches. 
@glennewdick  What do you think of ball bearing in exchange for sand as damping material? I have seen the Teres table used it for their turntable.
@ps68 
I really want to experiment in hot hide glue on this cherry plinth to see what kind of sound I will get, but I will keep your comments in mind for the next plinth I will build.