Glitch with Wadia 861

I've got a minor glitch with a Wadia 861.

When I push the button to open the transport tray, (either on the unit or on the remote) the tray will open and as soon as it is completely open, it then immediately begins to close (and the display changes from "open" to "close"). In order to get it to stay open, I have to push open again while it is closing. The same thing happens when I finally get it to stay open, and push the button to close, it will close and then immediately start to open again.

Also, when this started happening, the tray seemed noisier when it was opening or closing. It was smooth and quiet when I first got the 861, and now it has a slight noise that sounds like a friction buzz when it opens/closes.

It doesn't affect sound quality at all, but it sure isn't functioning as it should. I did try unplugging the unit for over a minute, and then hooking it back up. That didn't help.

Has anyone ever run into this phenomenon before? I'm hoping it's something common with a quick and easy home fix. Any suggestions (short of packing it up and sending back to get it fixed)?

Thanks,
coffee_nudge

Showing 1 response by avnut

This was an issue also with my GNS 861. The drawer began to unreliably open and close. Also, it would open and close at much slower speeds. Steve Huntley fixed it while he installed the statement mod. Apparently there was a motor that needed replacement.