Give the new Kid Rock a shot.

I initially picked up the Kid Rock "Rock and Roll Jesus" and scanned it quickly. Not bad but it was not on my must play list. I gave it a run the other day and I'm here listening to it yet again. What a change in the "Kid". He is sounding Skynard / rock / mountain music / fun. Two of the favorites are #10 "Blue jeans and a rosary" and #11 "Half your age" (the more you hear this one the more you like it). I like all sorts of music from classical to country and this disk is up with my favorites. LMK if anyone has any imput on his "new" sound.
harris1204

Showing 1 response by jeffb28451

52 year old grandfather, with Lowthers and Wavelength Custom 45s. 30+ years of high end fun.

Barber, krall, etc. yeah, I've got a ton of that, Black and Shaded dogs, ECms, $30k in my turntable.

I saw KR on the Larry/Santa roast (sweet Jesus, believe me, I was just passing through!!) Not since Bowie at the Music awards 8 years ago with "I'm afraid of Americans" have I just gone slack-jawed and immediately left the house to go buy the music.

Awesome. It makes my wife grit her teeth (of course, she's too good to actually LISTEN to it) and I have to keep the grandkids away from the language, but I love it and it's not recorded too badly, given current standards, (or lack thereof).

Let's be clear, I have no other KR and may not buy more, but this is great RR: sort of Run DMC/skynard/Guns and Roses, Arrowsmith (when they were way too stoned) and Ike and Tina (when they both had balls). Best commercial rock I've heard in over 10 years.