Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
^^^ I have it on good authority that the angels play alto saxophones just like Charlie Parker.

Man there are some good one,s "when she became a team player" classic.

There are many more but that one saids it all.
Post removed 
I talked about buying this new amp... She said something like I was free to spend my money in all the junk I wanted and would be left with nothing at the end... So I didn't say anything and ordered a streamer with the amp. Then I installed them while she was at work. Didn't say anything. after weeks I still don't know if she noticed the new stuff or if she pretends to not seeing it, but she didn't mention anything. This technique works with Stratocasters as well...