GIK, Rives, Real Traps

I just moved into a new house. I set up the system in a room to be used just for the stereo system and it sounds no where near what it used to in the other house. Too much echo, loss of sound stage, imaging, etc. I haven't messed with speaker placement too much yet, but it is clear to me that I need some acoustic room treatment.
Seems like there are a lot of options out there. Not sure which way to proceed. I have a lot of money wrapped up in the system, so it's time to maximize the room acoustics also. Anyone have experience with these products? Any advice would be appreciated.
mikewen

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Mikewen, you are on to something, which will take time. Real Traps was very helpful in doing my acoustical treatments. I sent them a layout of my room and set up and they came back with a custom, fitted treatment that was spot on. Professional help never fails. Also, read Jim Smith's book and Floyd Toole's book, as they both provide great insight into 'getting it right'. Be open to changing your speakers as they and the room itself, need to be in sync.